Love Science? Love Adventure?We are looking for Clinical Laboratory Scientists to join our robust team. Join the Northern Inyo Healthcare Team to make a difference in a community with a friendly hometown atmosphere and adventure in your backyard. Bishop, California is the epicenter for hiking, fishing, climbing and backpacking. Where does the adventure begin? It begins where Highway 395 meets U.S Route6 in the beautiful Owens Valley. We are just 40 minutes away from Mammoth Mt. Ski Resort, 55 miles from Mt. Whitney and close to the intersection of the John Muir trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. We have all the adventure one could desire. So, looking to live an adventure and do what you love? Join the Northern Inyo Healthcare District Team.Northern Inyo Healthcare District is a full service critical access hospital including 24-hour emergency care services and Rural Health Clinic services. NIHD is Joint Commission Accredited and uses state-of- the- art equipment and proven procedures to provide the best health care around. It is the Mission of NIHD to improve our communities; One life at a time, One Team, One Goal, Your Health! Be the ONE to join the adventure. We offer excellent benefits, competitive wages and an awesome work environment that supports work life balance. Want to find out more about more our Clinical Laboratory Scientist positions? Contact Lori Bengochia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760)873-2011. Ready to apply? Go to www.nih.org and fill out an application today.
•Bachelor’s degree.•Valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license.•A minimum of 1 year of experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist preferred.•New Grad’s accepted.
Additional Salary Information: Full Benefit Package
Our Story From the time settlers first occupied the Owens Valley until the 1920s, babies were born at home. The sick and elderly were treated by those who could provide nursing care in the community or were taken 200-300 miles to find a hospital or medical expert. During the infamous Water Wars, the City of Los Angeles owned more than 80% of the real estate in this area, which eventually lead to ...a surplus of large vacant homes. Doctors and nurses in our community were able to acquire the use of such buildings for hospital facilities through the generosity of DWP, however the space and design challenges one faces while utilizing a house for a hospital pushed the issue for adequate health care facilities in 1944. At this time, Dr. Bambauer, a Rotarian, was operating a small hospital of this nature on the corner of Grove and Fowler streets. This facility was in danger of closing due to financial hardships and was too small to service the needs of the community. The Bishop Rotary Club hosted a meeting to address the issue, which resulted in a committee of 11 citizens charged with addressing the threat of Dr. Bambauer's facility closing and securing adequate facilities for our growing community. This committee gave way to the incorporation of the Bishop Community Hospital and formed a Board of Directors. Collectively, our community raised $5.5 million dollars to help support the expenses incurred by the hospital. It became clear that the hospital would need on-going financial support to continue to service the needs of this remote and very rural community. The board decided to form a Hospital District, in order to support the hospital through local tax dollars; the only problem was Hospital Districts did not yet exist.The visionary board members of the Bishop Community Hospital were instrumental in securing passage of Act S.B. 586, which authorized the legal formation of Hospital Districts in the state of California. In January of 1946, the Northern Inyo County Local Hospital District was formed under the Local Hospital District Law, a division of the Health and Safety Code of the State of California and became the first Hospital District in California. Around the same time, the U. S. Government had abandoned the Japanese Relocation Center at Manzanar; by October of 1946, the Northern Inyo County Local Hospital District had purchased all of the hospital equipment from the Manzanar facility (for $14,000) and had leased the 18 bed infirmary building at the Bishop Airport. In November of 1946, negotiations had begun for the purchase of the present site of Northern Inyo Hospital. On December 5, 1946, the Northern Inyo County Local Hospital District took over operations of the Bishop Community Hospital. The district was able to gain state and federal funding to help build a new facility (Northern Inyo Hospital), and construction started September 1, 1948. Doctors and nurses began caring for community members at the Northern Inyo Hospital upon its completion in October of 1949. By 1968, the Northern Inyo Hospital had gained an Acute Care Unit, and a major addition including a lobby, patient rooms, two operating rooms, labor and delivery rooms, emergency treatment facilities and new areas for x-ray, laboratory and pharmacy. In 1981, advances in critical care medicine were met with the opening of the new ICU/CCU wing. Northern Inyo County Local Hospital District has weathered many challenges over the decades: changing from tax based funding for acute care to insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, and MediCal; increases in managed care; and increased outpatient services. Yet despite all of these challenges, the district has flourished due to the diligent leadership exhibited both in the hospital and the community. The district, hospital administration and the community have been dedicated to supporting and operating the Northern Inyo Hospital for over 50 years, while managing to expand the auxiliary health care services available to the community through philanthropic and grant based activities. Presently, the Northern Inyo County Local Hospital District is undergoing a major transformation. The bond and reserves funded construction project on Northern Inyo Hospital is in Phase II of completion. Upon completion, the entire 9 acre hospital campus will conform to rigorous earthquake safety standards, and will contain a two story 56,378 square foot replacement of the main hospital. The new structures from Phase I are already bringing innovative outpatient services to the community. The new Imaging Center is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that is attracting cutting edge physicians and technologists to our community. We are taking advantage of new medical technologies and services such as telemedicine. Currently we are part of a network of hospitals utilizing interpreting services via live webcast, and can overcome virtually any language barrier within a matter of minutes. We are partnering with organizations within the community to address the specific needs of our residents and are expanding our grant writing activities in tandem with district needs assessments to broaden our community outreach efforts. Substantial completion of the new facility is scheduled for December of 2011, with occupancy soon following in March 2012. The Northern Inyo County Local Hospital District is committed to bringing visionary programs to our community that anticipate the needs of our residents and lead the way to a better tomorrow for us all.