Responsible for the supervision of the billing, collecting, post payment review, credit balances and correspondence functions of all aged government, non-government and Patient accounts. This position is responsible for managing supervising and coordinating team efforts toward a specific service delivery function of CHRISTUS Health. The position provides coaching, feedback, and corrective action to PFS Associates where needed. Responsible for assuring that standard process discipline is adhered to. Assures that high performance work team is developed through coaching, mentoring and daily shift briefings.
REVENUE CYCLE BUSINESS SERVICES STANDARDS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). * Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment. * Consistently supports the organizations Associate Satisfaction goals established by creating a positive work environment for our associates. Ensures departmental Associate Satisfaction goals are achieved annually.
A. Performance Management
* Manages Supervises a professional staff to ensure the financial goals & objectives are achieved monthly for each area of responsibility. * Responsible for the review of performance metrics to achieve management by fact and management for results objectives: - Identifies shortcomings in performance - Uses analytical tools to execute root cause analysis and corrective action * Assures daily team briefings, metrics tracking, and prompt resolution of issues, problems and opportunities.
B. Organizational Development
* Generates enthusiasm and commitment among employees; fosters and reinforces team-based results. * Provides continuous educational and coaching toward improvement. * Fosters a High Performance Work Team Environment. * Provides Mentoring and feedback for associates.
C. Process Management
* Adheres to departmental standards to not make, take, or pass mistakes. * Maintains the team discipline of following all elements of established standard processes (work management tools, standard operating procedures). * Works with RCBS Associates to maintain a clean and orderly workplace using 5S principles and practices.
* Supervises the work of PFS employees by empowering, coaching, answering questions, giving guidance, and leading by example. * Maintains detailed knowledge of state and federal laws. Ensures that current processes are reviewed and updated to meet regulatory requirements. * Maintains ongoing knowledge of all standard bill forms and other mandatory state billing forms and filing requirements. This includes 837, 835, 272 and 276 HIPAA transactions. * Identifies possible trends or issues and provides possible solutions. Communicates and escalates information to Leadership and internal/external Customers. * Exhibits an understanding of CPT, HCPCS and ICD9 coding regulations and guidelines. * Monitors billing, collections, post payment review, and correspondence activities to ensure timely completion and identify any improvement opportunities. * In coordination with the unit Manager, monitors and conducts performance reviews and provides feedback to team members. Works with team members to improve, track, and develop in areas of poor performance. * Actively participates in PFS projects and system upgrades. * Proactively evaluates processes to identify progressive solutions. * Ability to identify issues and determine appropriate levels of escalation. * Communicate issues effectively and professionally to all levels within the organization. * Evaluates key performances indicators to ensure they are meeting business needs.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.