NOTE: Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by aProfessional Standards Board andCompensation Panel (for physicians and dentists) in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
DUTIES: This position is located at the Community Based Outpatient Clinic in State College, Pennsylvania for the James E. Van Zandt VAMedical Center. Incumbent functions as a Staff Physician on a primary care team delivering primary health services to veterans in an outpatient setting. Physician provides history and physical examinations on outpatients, orders diagnostic tests, prescribes medications and determines appropriate treatment plans.
TOUR OF DUTY: Tour of Duty for this position is primarily dayshift, Monday through Friday, and may include some extended clinic hours, as well as weekend coverage, in the event that additional services are added.
This is a bargaining unit position.
* U.S. citizen
* English language proficiency
* Physical standards - All applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to employment may be required.
* Licensure and Registration - Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States or in the District of Columbia. The Physician must maintain a current registration to continue employment with the VA
* Educational requirements - Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
* Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
* Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
* Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
* For residents, graduation from an approved medical school as described above is required.
* First-Year Residency (Internship) - Completed a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was competed. For a VA resident, the appropriate Deans Committee and Resident Review Board may recommend appointment on the basis of the candidate's acceptability for residency training. Approved residencies are:
* Those approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals, American Medical Association, in the list published for the year the residency was completed, OR
* Other residencies or their equivalents which the Professional Standards Board determines to have provided an applicant with appropriate professional training. The Board may determine that the residency requirement has been met if the candidate has completed 1 year of postgraduate education.
Must be board certified or board eligible.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-2 PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD http://www.va.gov/ohrm/joblistings/VAQualStds.doc
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must possess the mental and physical ability to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment.?, Physical requirements may involve lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder, walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, and repeated bending.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s): *Resume
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other *Other Veterans Document *Transcript
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1965998.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.