The Southern Arizona VAHealth Care System(SAVAHCS) is currently seeking Fee Basis Hematology/Oncology providers to assist our current staff as needed. SAVAHCS is the major teaching affiliate of the University of Arizona, College of Medicine.The candidate must also be American Heart Association BLS andACLS certified. Clinical Contact: Raymond L. Kacich, M.D., Chief, Medicine Care Line, (520) 629-1848, or e-mail at Raymond.Kacich@va.gov.
Preferred Experience:Board certified or board eligible inHematology/Oncology.
Fee Basis provider will receive compensation per procedure or encounter as appropriate, such as:
Clinic Visit (new and follow-up): $100
Bone Marrow (aspiration or biopsy): $200
Lumbar Puncture: $200
Inpatient Consultation (new and follow-up): $125
Rates and procedures subject to change as needed.
* Promotes, directs, evaluates and is responsible for the management of safe patient care to oncology and hematology patients.
* Obtain a comprehensive (or otherwise appropriate) health history and perform a physical examination on all patients who present to the Oncology/Hematology clinic or other assigned clinical area.
* Interpret the history and physical, order laboratory tests, radiographic studies, ancillary tests and requested consultations required to further evaluate the patient and arrive at a diagnosis.
* Make sound clinical judgments based on clinical assessments and formulate an individual treatment plan based on the patient's needs.
* Collaborate and consult with other providers for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment plan in complex or unstable patient care situations.
* There are no on-call responsibilities.
Federal Benefits for Fee Basis staff:NONE
1. Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
2. Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
3. Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
4. Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to physically and mentally perform the duties in a hospital?,setting under normal and emergent conditions. Heavy lifting 45 lbs and over with assistive devices, heavy carrying of 45 lbs and over with assistive devices; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers, both hands required, walking or standing up to 6 hours per day; repeated bending up to 2-4 hours per day; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination; near vision correctable; hearing aid permitted.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes: (Please note that applicants who fail to submit all required documents will not be considered for this position.)
2. Responses to the questionnaire
3. If claiming Veterans Preference, you must include a copy of your DD-214. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form.
To change or update your application, simply reapply through My USAJOBS, before the closing date. To check the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), select Application Status and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1983764.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.