PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The workis largely office based and in a sedentary setting. No manual labor is required above ordinary situations. Incumbent must be capable of using a computer given that all clinical charting is electronic. The work requires long periods of standing while performing gross examinations and teaching others to do so, recurring bending over when performing frozen sections.
WORKINGCONDITIONS: Normal safety precautions while working in an office/clinic or inpatient unit type environment, whichis well lighted, clean and does not present hazards to personal safety. The work involves regular and recurring exposures to irritating and volatile organic solutions, and potentially infectious material. Protective gear and special safety precautions are required. Requires use of protective agents such as a laboratory coat, gloves, mask, and eye protective devices as necessary.The incumbent may be exposed to infectious diseases and medical/psychiatric emergencies.
WORKSCHEDULE:Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, Shifts may rotate including weekends and holidays.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
* U.S. Citizenship (Non-citizens may be appointed only if it is not possible to recruit qualified U.S. citizens)
* Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
* Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
* Proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s ) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
To be considered for this position you must provide a complete application package which includes:
* CV or Resume - include: contact information; descriptions of jobs, including name and address of employer, job title, beginning and ending date (month/year) of employment, average hours worked per week, and supervisor's name and phone number; education,including name and location of college, dates attended, and type and date of degree earned; and other information, such as licenses, certificates, etc.Descriptions of duties must sufficiently detail the level of the experience. If the position is (was) with the Federal government, either military or civilian,state series and grade or pay grade (rank) and date of last promotion.
* If currently employed in the federal system, include latest SF-50 -Notification of Personnel Action.(required).
* If prior military service,include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
** VA Form 10-2850 and OF-306 are required if selected and will delay processing if not provided with your application.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: The selecting official for this position is not allowed access to your electronic OPF which is why it is required for you to submit a thorough and complete resume to include all of your relevant work information (i.e. starting and ending dates of employment, hours worked, duties, etc). The resume you provide through this application process is forwarded to the selecting official. It is highly recommended that you use the resume builder in USAJOBS as it contains all of the information we need to determine whether or not you are qualified for this position. Failure to provide a resume and all the documents requested in the announcement may render you not qualified for the position you are applying for.
* INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software or fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.
NOTICE: Eligible Interagency CareerTransition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for specials election over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligible must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: aseparation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.