As a Risk and Patient Safety Consultant, you will have the opportunity to interact with our clients and offer your expert consultation to reduce malpractice claims. You will also have the opportunity to research, develop and deliver education programs on risk management trends and hot topics as well as collaborate with a team of professionals in delivering exceptional client service to retain and delight our insureds. To excel in this position, we are seeking at least 5 years of experience in healthcare management. The ideal candidate will have CPHRM certification, or be eligible for completion within two years of employment. It is highly preferred that you also have an advanced degree, particularly a Juris doctorate. Location is based in Salt Lake City, or as a telecommuter.
Please apply on our website at www.constellationmutual.com
B.A in Law or Healthcare
Advanced degree in Law or Healthcare (preferred)
CPHRM Certification or eligible to complete within two years of employment.
5+ years of experience of legal and/or risk management issues faced by healthcare professionals.
Knowledge of local and national healthcare standards and regulations.
Utilization of Microsoft Word.
Good interpersonal communication skills: both verbal and written.
Problem solving skills.
Customer service oriented.
Risk & Patient Safety Consulting
· Serve as primary risk and patient safety consultant for clients in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, portions of Montana, and back-up consultants in other territories as needed
· Work with clients to address patient safety and risk management issues, questions, and improvement projects
· Personally visit certain high-value or high-risk clients to conduct assessments, identify areas for improvement, and/or provide staff education
· Act as an on-demand consultant for risk management questions via email and telephone
· Document contacts in relationship management software
Risk & Patient Safety Education
· Serve as an expert educator on risk management trends and hot topics
· Develop some education programs independently and some in collaboration with internal teams
· Deliver education programs to clients at UMIA Risk Education Events and on-site with large clients as requested
· Seek opportunities to deliver UMIA education programs at state, regional, or national conferences
· Apply for continuing education credit for education programs as needed
Internal Team Collaboration
· Provide risk management expertise to internal teams as needed (i.e. claims, underwriting, or marketing)
· Collaborate with internal teams on client needs and retention strategies
· Participate in claims roundtable meetings on a regular basis
· Collaborate with the consulting team on risk management strategies, trends, client needs, or new resources
· Support the client acquisition team as needed, including helping connect with clients at trade shows or attending meetings with important prospects
· Stay current on risk management and patient safety industry trends, issues, concerns
· Attend seminars featuring cutting edge thinking in risk and patient safety (i.e. ASHRM, AHLA, etc.)
· Share knowledge and key take-aways with the team following seminars
· Utilize knowledge gained in development of presentations and facility risk management programs
A FUTURE BEYOND INSURANCE
Join a growing partnership of mutual liability insurers and health service organizations that are uniting to provide solutions and support to physicians and other health care providers. Together, we strive to help physicians and all those who devote their lives to health care attain their dream—to help, to heal and to serve..