Family Medicine Employment Opportunities in Virginia
April 26, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Carilion Clinic is the largest not-for-profit integrated health system serving nearly one million people in western Virginia, with 7 hospitals, 240+ physician practice locations, and 25 GME programs. This network of 700+multi-specialty physicians in over 70 specialties offers Carilion physicians faster access to patient information and history with a sophisticated, fully integrated electronic medical record system (EPIC) and excellent access to sub-specialty consultation. Our medical home approach to primary care lets you focus your energy on the highest risk patients while the electronic medical record enables seamless coordination with Carilion’s specialist.
In the Shenandoah, Roanoke and New RiverValleys you'll find mild four-seasons, affordable living, and ample outdoor recreational activities along with cultural and professional opportunities. It is home to nationally and internationally acclaimed colleges and universities. Carilion Clinic offers a competitive salary with incentive, paid malpractice, a pension, comprehensive benefits package, vacation days, CME, and a student loan repayment program.
Outpatient Family and Internal Medicine opportunities are available in the following Virginia communities:
Fort Defiance *
Roanoke Faculty w/ OB
Smith Mountain Lake *
Weyers Cave *
Urgent Care (Roanoke)
* Additional student loan incentives available in designated locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: FM FY18
About Carilion Clinic
Carilion Clinic is the largest not-for-profit integrated health system serving nearly one million people in Western Virginia, with seven hospitals, 220+ physician practice locations, and 23 GME programs. This network of 650+ multi-specialty physicians in over 60 specialties offers Carilion physicians faster access to patient information and history with a sophisticated, fully integrated electronic medical record system (EPIC) and excellent access to subspecialty consultation. Our medical home approach to primary care lets you focus your energy on the highest risk patients while the electronic medical record enables seamless coordination with Carilion’s specialist.
The Roanoke Valley is a metropolitan area of more than 300,000 nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Roanoke has amenities that you'd expect from a dynamic urban center, without losing the charming feeling of a smaller place. Expansion Management named Roanoke Valley one of its Five-Start Communities for quality of life. The ranking is based on a reasonable cost of living, affordable housing, low crime, excellent transportation access, good public schools, proximity to community colleges and universities, a...nd educated workforce and low taxes.
- Mild weather and four seasons
- Bike the Blue Ridge Parkway and hike the legendary Appalachian Trail
- Boating, camping, swimming at Smith Mountain Lake, 500 miles of shoreline
- Theater, symphony, ballet, opera, fine arts, and museums
- Two hours to ski resorts, with chalets or five-star lodging
- US Department of Education has recognized Roanoke Valley Schools for being among the nation's
- Roanoke County, Roanoke City and Salem City school systems have Advanced Placement classes and the international Baccaulareate program.
- Nationally ranked & internationally acclaimed colleges and universities
- The National Civic League named Roanoke an All-American City six times