Under the direction of the Food and Nutrition Director, supervises and coordinates the activities of the food service staff in overall food preparation of patients,cafeteria, doctors, and special meal service functions. Ability to cook in high volumes and understand patient modified diets and tray line services. Responsible for hospital/department vision/mission goals and quality performance. Computer knowledge for inventory, audits, invoice payments, and filing for inspection audits..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervises, trains, and coaches food service staff in food production/recipes, patient tray line, and cafeteria meal service.
2. Coordinates all catering events and oversees food production for hospital functions and medical staff meetings. Covers pm cook position as needed and assigned catered events in the evenings.
3. Checks and monitors QI activities for food quality, food/equipment temperatures, and modified diet accuracy in accordance with menu cycles/room service meals.
4. Responsible for inventory/order control and purchases adequate food and supplies
5. Processes all invoices, productivity reports; safety and sanitation daily inspection reports.
6. Enforces all department policies and procedures, assists in developing and revising these policies as required. Completes other duties as assigned.