VICTR provides a broad spectrum of modern data and project management support services for research studies, quality improvement initiatives, and operational projects. Under direct supervision, the Project Manager will oversee small projects or phases of larger projects. This position will liaison with stakeholders to determine requirements and partner with programmers and database specialists to manage the project at the ground level. This position will manage some larger, long-range projects spanning innovative research topics as well as various small to medium sized projects of varying time frames. This position will ensure the appropriate staffing needs are provided for each project in order to ensure deadlines are met.
· Master's degree or higher preferred
· Biotechnology or Biomedical industry experience preferred
· Bioinformatics experience helpful
· Technology development and/or commercialization experience helpful
· Project management experience with large projects and the ability to manage a timeline
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required
· Excellent organizational skills preferred
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide project management for VICTR, including application development.
· Develop high-level project plan - including specifics of technical work plans - and achieve buy in on task responsibilities and timelines from the appropriate team members.
· Define issue management and scope management strategy and achieve approval from the appropriate team members. Manage on-going consensus among project team and programmers.
· Define project objectives and define success measurements.
· Develop and communicate appropriate project documentation, including technical project overview, scope, team structure, status reports, issues management reports, change control reports, meeting notes, etc. as required in a timely manner.
2. Manage communication effectively for the data management project/program/center.
· Manages the development, editing and writing of publications, including brochures, content for websites, and material for other forms of communications internal and external to the center.
· Seek opportunities to disseminate news and information about the program to relevant audiences internally and externally.
3. Provide support to the Directors of VICTR including Research Informatics for long-range strategic planning for broadly defined coordination.
· Collaborate with VICTR Project Management, customers, and other members of the team in developing long range strategic plans and objectives.
· Assist in establishing program goals in accordance with the mission of the program, Vanderbilt and any other entity connected with the program.
· Participate as a team member in designing and implementing program enhancements to improve effectiveness of the program.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.