This position leads the customer relationship management team for VUMC IT, who serve as liaisons between customers and the services VUMC IT provides.
As leader of this team, the candidate must be able to understand customers' needs and determine the right path forward within VUMC IT to meet those needs. To be successful in this role, the candidate needs some background in IT and demonstrate the ability to talk to customers and IT professionals about proposed solutions.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides overall leadership for Information Technology department(s) by developing goals, objectives, policies and procedures. Prepares operating budgets and performs personnel administration functions.
Develops goals and objectives for the department based on interpretation of institutional policy and goals.
Ensures the most effective operations of the department through program development, process improvement and coordination/integration of processes with other departments.
Identifies, establishes and evaluates quality assurance standards, programs, and procedures within department.
LEADERSHIP - (INTERMEDIATE): - Motivates and inspires others to perform at a high level. Puts aside personal needs and considerations for the good of the team. Communicates in a positive and constructive way, demonstrating an enthusiasm for team and unit goals. Takes appropriate risks, showing and accepting personal accountability for actions and decisions. Gets others to share challenges and perform as a valuable member of the team and unit. Accomplishes results through influence, coaching, communication and commitment with minimal use of authority and control.
OPERATIONS PLANNING - (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates ability to forecast complex resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for a single functional area. Merges diverse points of view into a coalition with shared goals and objectives. Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility. Identifies relevant stakeholders and gains their commitment. Anticipates problems and obstacles before they arise. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Competently handles multiple assignments and projects simultaneously. Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action to achieve planned goals and objectives.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - (INTERMEDIATE): - Successfully resolves conflicts and disciplinary problems. Provides counseling and career development planning to subordinates. Constructively gives timely positive and negative feedback, confronting individual performance problems in a professional and sensitive manner. Aware of the values, abilities and needs of others. Demonstrates the ability to create a positive work climate, establishing a feeling of partnership and empowering others. Has set, coached and assessed the assignment objectives of subordinates. Practices and rewards behaviors supportive of company values.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT - (INTERMEDIATE): - Maintains an open mind and appreciation of the big picture rather than rushing to traditional or historical conclusions or approaches. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully demonstrating quality management techniques with a group without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others. Has made and facilitated improvements to business processes within the scope of project assignments. Consistently delivers superior products and services.
BUSINESS RESULTS - (INTERMEDIATE): - Develops and implements appropriate measures for attaining multiple business results and tracks progress in meeting goals and objectives. Builds an implementation network that includes key constituents such as peers, subordinates, top management and customers. Emphasizes both short- and long-term business goals. Recognizes and capitalizes on business opportunities. Able to detect early warning signs indicating potential issues which may impact customer satisfaction, product quality, or profitability. Effectively contributes to organizational objectives.
Team Interaction: Leads multiple departments with a function.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies comprehensive knowledge of professional/technical area and broad management knowledge of other professional areas to carry out objectives.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Integrate knowledge and in-depth analysis from several areas to resolve complex problems that are both technical and operational.
Organizational Impact: Establishes key tactical and operational plans of a sub-function or multiple departments that has longer-term effect on results of the sub-function.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M3):
- Develops Self and Others: Acts upon constructive feedback from all levels of the organization and initiates strategies to develop talent in others.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Leverages relationships and insight to forecast potential future needs and influence delivery of work to exceed expectations.
- Communicates Effectively: Anticipates different audience concerns, styles and finds mutually beneficial solutions across conflicting and sensitive issues.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of broad-based issues and considers the interests of others to improve satisfaction of services.
- Solves Complex Problems: Critically evaluates complex information and identifies trends/ risks to make recommendations to improve processes across areas.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing feedback and development discussions to motivate and support team members to maximize performance.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Anticipates problems or obstacles which may interfere with quality standards and develops plans to ensure area's quality standards are met.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Routinely draws upon valuable learning from others, past experiences, and new information to determine key opportunities.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Develops appropriate corrective actions for unsafe environments in order to ensure operational and safety compliance.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Identifies potential obstacles to goal achievement and develops solutions to address those obstacles.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Creates the appropriate systems and processes to effectively manage resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Applies in-depth knowledge of data to recommend and implement new approaches to improve decision making capabilities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M3):
- Generates New Ideas: Identifies opportunities and leads development of new initiatives that create value across areas .
- Applies Technology: Creates the energy and drive for self/others to identify and leverage technology in new, innovative ways to drive greater efficiencies.
- Adapts to Change: Anticipates the change process and clearly communicates impact on others/own team(s), assisting them in embracing the change.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.