The General Maintenance Tech performs general maintenance duties/functions of a healthcare facility. These include simple carpentry, electrical maintenance, pipefitting, plumbing tasks as well as replacing light bulbs, painting/patchwork, grounds keeping, lubricating and performing simple maintenance on machines and equipment and other general maintenance as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled by the PM program, documenting all work.
2. Answers trouble calls and repairs incidental equipment not assigned to a PM program.
3. May research parts needed for repairs.
4. Assists with inventory of frequently used common parts and supplies.
5. Maintains current knowledge and experience to perform on-call as needed for after hours and weekends.