Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed freestanding behavioral health hospital offering psychiatric care for adults and adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the facility is easily accessible to families throughout the Front Range and just minutes from surrounding communities.
The Registered Nurse provide safe and effective nursing care in the assigned area(s) in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the Hospital and within the framework of established policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing Services. As a key team member in the clinical area, the Registered Nurse promote a climate of effective performance and learning through role modeling, willingness to learn and teach, and availability to patients and staff. The Registered Nurse organizes, manages and coordinates unit nursing services on assigned shift as delegated by Nursing Administration.
· Demonstrates leadership in organizing the delivery of patient care in an acute psychiatric setting for patients experiencing a wide rage of psychiatric conditions.
· Provides continuous nursing care for patients utilizing the nursing process within the scope of practice.
· Executes nursing procedures according to policy after demonstrating proficiency.
· Assists Charge Nurse.
· Interacts with and assists in teaching patients.
· Functions as a therapeutic leader/member in planning and working with patient groups.
· Serves as a clinical resource person for staff members in their daily activities.
· Documents pertinent information accurately, timely and legibly.
· Functions as a medication nurse when assigned.
· Promotes safety by attending mandatory inservices and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility
· Promotes a positive working environment by demonstrating respect and tolerance for age, gender, race and choice of lifestyle.
· Assumes responsibility for professional development and ongoing education.
· Demonstrate required attendance and reliability
· Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.