The Pride Institute has been providing the LGBTQ+ community a comfortable, safe alternative to traditional treatment programs for over 30 years. We are currently looking for â€œPRNâ€� or "as needed" Chemical Dependency Technicians to support our clients and staff at our residential co-occurring treatment facility in Eden Prairie MN, a suburb of Minneapolis.
Our Techs are instrumental in ensuring client safety and compliance with our program rules and guidelines. Our Techs are fair, firm and consistent in their approach to each client and are able to establish appropriate boundaries in all client interactions.They communicate effectively with each other and the rest of our interdisciplinary treatment team regarding client response to therapy, treatment interventions, and therapeutic objectives, and they work in collaboration with all staff in planning for discharge and follow-up care.
Ideal CD Tech candidates possess:
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and mental health issues or a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of therapeutic milieu management techniques or a willingness to learn
- Knowledge and training in CPR and First Aid or a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of 12 step programs or willingness to learn
- An awareness of how personal issues relating to co-dependency can impact work performance/relationships
- Qualities of reliability and dependability and a commitment to do what they say they are going to do
- Effective Human Relations skills including the ability to recognize behaviors and set appropriate limits in clear, concise, and non-judgmental terms; the ability to react calmly and effectively inemergency situations; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to use good judgment to solve problems; the ability to maintain confidentiality; the ability to work as a team player and communicate effectively with clients and co-workers; and the ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.