To ensure the maintenance of a safe, clean, healthy physical environment for patients, staff and guests of the organization. Service work orders and perform preventative maintenance as directed the Plant Operations Director. Conducts weather related transports of staff and supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Must be able to:
- Work alone or with others
- Meet deadlines
- Be constantly aware of safety issues and ensure compliance, basic or general knowledge of applicable standards and regulations in health care setting
- Maintain self-control in volatile situations
- Be available for 24 hr. on call
- Skills in responding to fire risks and other physical plant dangers
MACHINES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED ON JOB:
Personal Computer/Word Processor Telephone Computer
HVAC Systems and Controls, test equipment Electrical Meters/Testers
Hand Tools of various kinds including electrical Snow Blower
Ladders Sprinkler System
Cars, Trucks and Vans Vacuum Equipment/Floor Buffers
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
The work is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
The work is subject to:
- both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
VISUAL ACUITY: MACHINE OPERATORS (without inspection) MECHANICS, SKILLED TRADESPEOPLE: This is a minimum standard for use with those whose work deals with machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach. (If machine operator also inspects, use the "A" standard, which requires more acuity.) Also, mechanics and skilled trades people and those who do work of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.