This is a full-time position with Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) and offers a comprehensive benefits package, challenge, and a chance to grow your career. You will be joining a highly collaborative team that supports enterprise level systems.
Your background should include experience with storage systems – Dell - EMC experience is highly desirable but not required.
JOB SUMMARY: Implements and manages storage systems and infrastructure components for enterprise, mission critical, computing environments under occasional guidance. Provides support services for storage administration, performance tuning, monitoring and capacity planning. Builds storage infrastructure to support the business environment. Recommends, develops and enforces policies and procedures for maintaining the security and integrity of data. Implements small development projects or components of large projects. Ability to solve medium to complex problems.
Designs and implements business computing storage environments.
Administers and manages storage system environments.
Provides technical guidance to others in organization.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
STORAGE MGT BEST PRACTICES (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of best practices in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is attentive to existing best practices, and may recommend improvements to existing best practices within the work area.
STORAGE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE (NOVICE): - Possesses fundamental proficiency to successfully produce reports and graphs from performance metrics and SAR data. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. Has retained equivalent knowledge from past experience. Can use the facilities available to gather performance data and produce basic reports.
STORAGE AREA NETWORKS (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of storage area networks in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Has a good understanding of storage area networks as part of the overall network of computing resources for the enterprise
STORAGE TROUBLESHOOTING (NOVICE): - Demonstrates the ability to identify, locate, isolate, and resolve or repair difficult problems relating to products, processes, computers, communications devices, systems, cables and other equipment within scope of specialty. Able to make use of the major capabilities of the primary diagnostic tools and analyzers available. Capable of finding solutions and answers beyond the area of specialty. Stays with a problem until it is resolved. Escalates unresolved problems in a timely manner. Notifies vendors of problems which may affect others.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.