The nurse practitioner (NP) will perform health risk assessments for GHP Gold members. The NP will perform, under the responsibility and supervision of the physician, diagnostic and therapeutic tasks to allow the physician to expand his/her services through the effective use of the NP's knowledge in the sphere of decision making required to establish a diagnosis and to plan therapy. May assist in gathering the data necessary in implementing the therapeutic plan of the physician.
A major role will be as patient advocate in the medical care system serving as confidant, advisor, and liaison between the patient and the physician.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
1.* Responsible for the delivery of primary health care in collaboration with the physician.
2. Perform health risk assessments for Geisinger Health Plan Gold
3. NP will cover clinic patient appointments and messages, refills, etc when health risks assessments are not scheduled or cancelled
4. Requests, when necessary, the services of any support service provided by the Geisinger Health System.
5. Responsible for continuing education by:
a. Attends departmental training lectures and those of any other department when possible. b. Maintains current CPR and Nurse Practitioner certification.
4. Evaluates health problems and recognize signs and symptoms of potentially serious conditions, referring accordingly.
5. Renders basic life support and other emergency care until the arrival of a physician or ACLS team when emergency situations develop.
6. Conducts interviews to obtain health histories.
7. Performs health evaluations including, but not limited to, physiological testing, collecting specimens, physical examination, psychological evaluations, etc.
8. Maintains knowledge of laboratory, x-ray and other clinical test procedures and identifying normal results.
9. Communicates to patients and their families, summaries of all pertinent medical findings and offer appropriate advice.
10. Identifies health problems and develop a plan of care in accordance with departmental protocols or the advice of a physician.
11. Performs and assists with triaging telephone calls concerning health issues and offer appropriate telephone management advice to patients.
a. Documents findings, plans of care, and advice given in acute care and telephone encounters with patients. b. Performs all other duties assigned by the Clinical Department Director.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Must obtain and maintain BLS,
Demonstrates computer literacy, accurate and timely charting via Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
The successful Nurse Practitioner candidate will work in collaboration with the physician and have a certificate of completion from an approved program for Nurse Practitioners or be eligible to hold national certification that allows the NP to work with the patient populations and location settings associated with this position. Must be eligible for licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of PA.
Geisinger offers Advanced Practitioners :
* Domestic Partner Benefits
* Paid malpractice insurance
* Market competitive wages - constantly monitored
* Generous Paid Time Off policy
* Funding for CME and paid CME days
* Relocation for qualified candidates
* Health Care Benefits Starting Day 1: including vision and dental
* Interview expenses for qualified candidates
Recruiter Name TAMMY L. BONAWITZ
Geisinger Health System is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator® and ProvenCare®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees,including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 12 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 510,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $8.9 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania economy. Geisinger hasrepeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or follow the latest Geisinger news and more on Twitter and Facebook.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver.
** We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 13 hospital campuses, two research centers and nearly 1,600 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.Geisinger is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator®, ProvenCare® and ProvenExperience®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey at AtlantiCare, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Geisinger Je...rsey Shore Hospital became the newest members of the Geisinger Family. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $12.7 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.