Director of Nursing, Jiahui International Cancer Center
Jiahui International Hospital
June 13, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Position Title: Director of Nursing, Jiahui International Cancer Center
Location: Shanghai, China
Reports To: Cancer Center Chair and CNO
Business Unit/Department: Nursing
Company Website: www.jiahui.com
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
1. Ensure efficient delivery of quality nursing service in the cancer center that follows ONS, NCCN, or other guidelines as appropriate), as well as compliant with Chinese regulations.
2. Responsible for upholding a high standard of nursing practice in the cancer center
3. Responsible for the welfare and career/professional development of nurses in the cancer center
4. Responsible for mentoring and coaching of nurses and nursing supervisors
5. Implement the values and the vision of the organization by influencing the care delivered to patients and families.
6. Effectively communicate and represent the mission and vision of Jiahui International Hospital and the Department of Nursing
7. Understand the principles and foundations on creating, monitoring and analyzing a unit budget
8. Translate the mission and vision of the organization into daily practice affecting patients, families, and nursing staff.
9. Develop collaborative relationship to promote a healthy work environment that is committed to high quality, safe care, and respectful communication.
10. Monitor compliance with policies and guidelines issued by the hospital.
11. Be visionary in seizing opportunities and trends in the industry or profession to develop new strategies, policies, processes and solutions that will create values for the customers.
12. Work closely with MGH counterparts to make sure that professional collaboration is effective and meets the needs of the cancer center nursing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
1. Contribute to the development of the nursing profession by promoting research, evidence based practice and continuing education so as to keep pace with international advances in nursing and healthcare management
2. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
3. Effectively manage relationships and engage in conflict
4. Demonstrate professional ethics and integrity in his/her interactions with others.
5. Knowledgeable about technology that supports the deliver and monitoring of safe, cost effective care
6. Effectively screens, interviews, and select staff
7. Effectively evaluate the staffing performances and provide feedback
8. Create and maintain a healthy work environment so that all members of the team can practice at their highest level
9. Assist in the co-ordination of continuous quality improvement through Nursing Audits and Quality Assurance.
10. Involve in the strategic planning and policy formulation of the Nursing Department, and implement the policies of the hospital.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor’s degree or above
2. Holding current valid nursing license
3. At least 15 years of oncology nursing experience with minimum 5 years of management experience
4. OCN certification, preferred
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 913
About Jiahui International Hospital
Jiahui Health, established in 2009 and headquartered in Shanghai, is the first foreign-funded healthcare ecosystem in China.
Jiahui Health is building a hub and spoke healthcare network based upon its core focus - the patient. Through its reliable healthcare services, patients are given an experience founded on quality, convenience, and value. The Jiahui Health network includes Jiahui International Hospital, a 500-bed tertiary general hospital; Jiahui Clinic, a series of medical centers offering family medicine and medical services from professional specialists, and Jiahui Wellness Center.
Jiahui Health is devoted to building an integrated medical-teaching and research healthcare network by providing long term training for physicians and nurses, while promoting scientific research development in China. For this purpose, Jiahui Health joined with top international academic journal The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) to establish its electronic Chinese version, forming a bridge between the international mainstream medical field and Chinese biomedical researchers. Jiahui Health has also united with its sister company GenomiCare Biotechnology in order to provide preci...sion clinical cancer solutions for doctors and patients across China. This has enabled it to transform the latest international scientific research results into effective treatment methods.
Our vision: To be China’s leader in patient care and service, in health and medical education, and in advancing medicine.
Our mission: We care for the sick, help people lead healthier lives, and empower those with the heart to serve.