Provides assistance to the nurses in the ICU/ Telemetry units with interpretation of cardiac rythms of patients and provides assistance to nurses in the Emergency Room with care to patients under the direct supervision of a nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Ensures patients are monitored continuously for a 24 hour period and answers all call bells promptly.
2) Ensure nurses are informed of changes in rythms immediately.
3) Will maintain a log of telemetry use and assure telemetry units are in working order when not in use.
4) Assists in keeping PI tools up to date in the unit
5) Will assist ICU staff with coordination of unit
6) Assumes nursing assistant duties when needed
7) Transports patients to floors as needed or to and from vehicles as necessary.
8) Assists nurses with activities of daily living and repositions patients per plan of care.
9) Takes vitals, accu checks, measures input/output, performs EKGs, CPR, lab draws, casting/splinting, start IVs, and weighs patients as required/ordered.
10) The tech is responsible for stocking supplies and removal of expired products.
11) Order entry/retrieval of patient data via EMR.
12) Communicates effectively with healthcare team members.
13) Responsible for maintaining orderly nursing station, unit and lobby.
14) Orders supplies and maintains par levels.
15) Processes charts for admissions and discharges.
16)Â Documents interventions and treatments in EMR.
17) Greets clients, performs quick registration into the system.
18) Provides basic care when performing 1-1 supervision of patients with AMS, Psychiatric Illness and or Emergency Detention.
19) Cleans & disinfects used sterile equipment and drops them off @ central sterilization for optimal cleansing and repackaging.
20) Assists medical providers with laceration repairs, I&D, foreign body removal and eye exams.