CALL CENTER MANAGER
Job Number: 00119269
Job Posting: Jan 10, 2017, 11:04:21 AM
Closing Date: Feb 8, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: OFHC Call Center
Manages, supervises and coordinates all aspects of the call center operations while fostering a consistent culture of customer service excellence and collaboration. Provides operational and strategic guidance to assure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met. Reviews call center policies and procedures to support the development and implementation of changes or updates. Delivers high standard, efficient customer service and to represent the organization in the best possible way. Utilizes best practices and performs all duties in accordance with Cook County Health and Hospital (CCHHS) and departmental standards, policies and procedures.
This position is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Manages, supervises, and coordinates the daily activities of the call center
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels to handle forecasted lead volume and inbound/overflow for each 15 minute interval
- Follows the financial screening policies and procedures across the organization
- Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
- Analyzes the call center budget statistics on a weekly or monthly basis to forecast trends
- Acts a liaison with supervisors, representatives, third parties and operatives to collect information and resolve issues
- Works to escalate and resolve the most complicated customer inquiries or complaints
- Builds working relationships with quality assurance, patient relations and patient advocates to support the commitment to quality customer service
- Reviews call center policies and procedures to support the development and implementation of changes or updates.
- Develops and reports on key metrics
- Manages supervisors to assure that KPIs are met
- Monitors and adheres to ASA (Average Speed of Answer) performance indicators
- Establishes set performance goals to measure speed, efficiency and quality
- Motivates the call center staff by coordinating rewards programs
- Conducts needs assessments, performance reviews and capacity planning
- Remains flexible to changing priorities consistent with the success of the department
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments, productions and network communications within the industry
- Completes annual educational requirements
- Adheres to HIPAA standards by maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy
- Maintains and complies with regulatory requirements
- Reports to System Manager, Patient Access, Financial Counseling
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university is required. (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview.)
- Five (5) years of experience managing or supervising call center operations is required.
- Three (3) years of customer service experience associated with screening/processing of individuals seeking Medicaid, SNAP, cash assistance, charity care or other related social services is required.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite and health care computer systems is required.
- Prior experience handing customer concerns and complaints is required.
- Must be able to travel to work sites throughout Cook County.
- Prior experience working with Avaya phone system is preferred.
- Certification from HFMA, MGMA, ACHE or other health related professional organizations is preferred.
- Bilingual skills: English/Spanish, English/Polish, English/Mandarin, or English/Arabic is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience managing or supervising call center operations ina health plan/healthcare or hospital setting is preferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Thorough knowledge of call center systems, procedures and processes
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrate strong customer service, email and phone etiquette skills with strong response times
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrate organizational, critical thinking, conflict management and resolution skills
- Demonstrate strong project management and leadership skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Ability to effectively manage supervisors to assure that KPIs are met
- Ability to complete annual educational requirements
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high output and stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER