Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: With a high degree of independence and limited supervision, assists PI and Co-Investigators with the implementation, coordination of all aspects of various research projects which includes aiding in the execution of grant preparation and submission, formulates research methods and suggests options for improvement, assist with data collections and analyses, preparing reports, slides, abstracts, manuscripts, presentations and publications. And serve as a liaison for internal and external providers and funders. Responsible for preparing Institutional Review Board protocols, amendments and annual reporting for departmental research. Provides overall departmental support on all new and existing research projects. Co-authors publications and may co-present with PI at meetings and conferences. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience conducting and supporting all phases of research in a clinical environment including data management and analyses.
- Demonstrated facility and experience with Microsoft Office, such as Excel, Access and Visio, as well as ability to work with Endnote, Adobe software and IRES PD. Experience with a statistical analysis software and experience using an iPad as an electronic data collection tool.
- Proficiency in medical and social science research methodology, literature review, and scientific and journalistic writing.
- Strong planning, project management and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple complex projects and oversee the work of research assistants on given projects.
- Proven ability to effectively, efficiently and independently work under pressure, and to set priorities among multiple competing tasks. Excellent oral/written communication and leadership skills.
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Experience with grant writing and editing. Experience working with IRES PD.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2je30HI. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.