The Director of Revenue Cycle Business Integration acts as a partner between the System Revenue Cycle Management Team and Information Management (IM). This position will develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with the functional revenue cycle leaders at both the System Office and with Regional leadership. The Director will communicate information regarding revenue cycle business integration projects; both ongoing operational activities, implementations of new systems/software as well as routine system upgrades.In addition, the Director of Revenue Cycle Business Integration will partner with IM to facilitate development and execution of project work plans for RCBS related initiatives. As needed, the position will actively proactively work on revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of the organization. This position will act as a crucial business partner with internal teams to ensure timelines and quality of deliverables are met, capture plan deviation and lead discussion for alternative actions, give guidance to business leaders, and provide a smooth transition to operations.
REVENUE CYCLE BUSINESS SERVICES STANDARDS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Supports the organizations Associate satisfaction goals established by creating a positive work environment for our associates. Ensures departmental Associate satisfaction goals are achieved annually.
- Performs assigned work activities effectively to ensure the operational and financial goals based on the metrics outlined in the Service Level Agreements are being met and/or exceeded on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the review of performance metrics to achieve Management By Fact and Management For Results objectives:
- Identifies shortcomings in performance.
- Uses analytical tools to execute root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Attends and participates in regular meetings and committees as requested.
- Responsible for development and implementation of tools to measure RCBS performance and efficiency.
- Provides continuous educational and coaching toward improvement.
- Collaborates with Shared Services to provide required education and training.
- Fosters a high performance work team environment.
- Provides mentoring and feedback for associates.
- Adheres to departmental standards to not make, take, or pass mistakes.
- Maintains the team discipline of following all elements of established standard processes (work management, tools, standard operating procedures).
- Collaborates with other RCBS Directors, Managers, and Associates to continuously improve the standard processes and the corresponding standard operating procedures
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a working knowledge of all IM aspects of Revenue Cycle Business Services (RCBS).
- Develop and oversee required documentation related to operational system integration and validation. This includes mitigation risks, establishing appropriate processes and documentation to support integration activities.
- Leads communication with Facility, Regional and Corporate Leadership regarding identified trends or issues that may negatively impact CHRISTUS financial performance.
- Consistently tracks performance metrics and interprets the data to identify trends or issues within the IM environment that negatively impact the operational and financial performance of CHRISTUS Health.
- Plans and directs integration for revenue cycle operations to include solution and implementation design for people, processes and technical integration, ensuring strategic alignment with organizational goals and objectives. Assists with strategic planning activities in support of the CHRISTUS Health mission and vision.
- Participates in educational activities, and demonstrate personal responsibility for job performance.
Lead the development of revenue cycle project management framework and capabilities.
- Provides structure for project management of process and procedure redesign, standardization and improvements, system implementations related to revenue cycle project management framework.
- Manages project budget.
- Manages multiple RBCS projects simultaneously.
- Follows a defined project management methodology, accountable for the detailed planning of steps and resources needed to meet objectives.
- Monitors and prepares reports to ensure work is progressing to meet the deliverables on time and on or under budget.
- Provides leadership and management overseeing, identifying, developing and implementing tools, automation, reports and educational materials to support the interaction between the facilities, RCBS, and other Corporate Departments. Help coordinate specific data needs and requests from and between the above-mentioned departments and facilities
- Work with all facilities, corporate leadership, external vendors and other corporate departments to implement, and document policies, procedures, systems and reports
- Solves conflicts and issues in a timely manner, escalating to Director as appropriate.
- Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants.
- Supports strategic plan to focus efforts and resources on high priority areas to improve cash flow and net revenue realization throughout the system
- Assists in development of plans to implement strategies and measure the results of the implemented strategies
- Cultivates internal relationships at the corporate and facility level to gain support and participation in initiatives.
- Cultivates external relationships to gain new knowledge and competencies
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions