Geisinger Health System is seeking physicians board certified in Palliative Medicine to join our Palliative Care team at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV) in Wilkes Barre, Pa.
The service sees 1,200 inpatient consults a year and has a growing outpatient clinic within the cancer center. This physician will be part of a growing palliative group and join 4 full-time palliative specialists at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA. In addition, there is a growing palliative care program at Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, PA (approximately 20 miles from GWV), in which there will be collaboration with existing services.
About the position:
- Initiate innovative programs that enhance growth and patient care.
- Work cooperatively with Division of Medicine leadership to expand and develop the palliative medicine specialty throughout GHS, and have an expanding role with the growing hospice service.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to develop and institute palliative medicine research.
- Manage clinical and financial performance of the specialty group to support departmental, divisional, and system goals.
- Assure continuation of post-graduate medical education and research opportunities at fellowship, resident and medical student levels.
- Represent the health system in regional, state and national palliative medicine forums.
Geisinger offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package beginning Day One, including paid CME and paid medical malpractice insurance.
For more information, contact Deanna Reed, FASPR, talent management consultant, at 570-271-7202 or email@example.com.
Geisinger Health System is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator® and ProvenCare®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldrige Award recipient. The physician-led system is composed of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 12 hospital campuses, 2 research centers and a 551,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $10.5 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service.
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.