| The Chief Executive Officer/Health Care Administrator of Maryhill Manor, Inc., and its wholly owned subsidiaries, is responsible for providing strong leadership and strategic direction, as well as overall operational management, in accordance with the mission and values of the corporation and its sponsor, the School Sisters of St. Francis. |
Maryhill is an award-winning rehabilitation and skilled nursing center which is proud to be the hands and face of the School Sister’s mission of compassionate care. Serving as the official representative of the Governing Board.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Financial Management o Develops annual budgets for Maryhill Manor, Inc. and its subsidiaries that are within the budgetary guidelines and time table established by the Board of Directors and the Sponsor o Monitors all financial operations to ensure that the facilities utilize their resources in a fiscally responsible manner so as to assure the facility’s long-term sustained success in the future o Develops and annually updates long-range financial plans that support the corporation’s overall strategic plans and objectives
• Governance o Provides the local Board of Directors with an orientation and continuing education as to its roles and responsibilities, as well as the current issues and trends that may affect the sustained success of the corporation o Works closely with the Board Chair in keeping the Board informed of major issues and activities, in developing and distributing Board agendas, and in helping to conduct meetings of the Board o In consultation with the Board of Directors, makes recommendations for revision of the corporation’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws to the sponsor
• Human Resources o Attracts, retains, and leads quality management personnel who will contribute to the sustained success of the facilities o Maintains open, honest, and timely communications to the facility’s many and varied constituencies including the employees, Board of Directors, local community, and Sponsor o Encourages the professional growth and development of the management team and employees, through such activities as workshops, seminars, and other continuing education opportunities
• Planning/Marketing o Develops and recommends to the Board of Directors operational, business, and tactical plans for fulfilling the facilities strategic goals and objectives o Promotes collaborative, positive working relationships with other health care providers, payers, as well as governmental and regulatory agencies o Encourages the integration of the facilities with the community or communities it serves through an effective public relations program
• Sponsorship o Serves as a positive role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that are consistent with the facilities and the Sponsor’s mission o Completes an annual Stewardship Report to submit to the Board of Directors and the Sponsors of the extent to which the facility is fulfilling its mission and values and its meeting the health care needs of the community is serves and, when necessary, initiates changes and improvements o Actively participates in community activities that promote the facilities mission and