Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware is hiring a Clinical Biochemist. As a Clinical Biochemist you play a critical role in the Chemistry sections of the General Laboratories (Christiana, Wilmington, Cancer Center, Middletown), in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (DPLM), and in Christiana Care Health System as a whole. This is due to the complexity and variety of instrumentation and testing performed in the Chemistry sections, the number of Medical Laboratory Scientists and other employees supported, and the ongoing relationships with instrument vendors, physicians and department leaders outside of the lab.
Under the leadership of the Medical Director for Chemistry and the management team, the Clinical Biochemist in the General Labs is responsible for the following:
- Serve as a consultant to physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other clinical and technical staff on selecting and interpreting test orders and results.
- Possess knowledge of and experience with regulatory agencies, including CMS, CAP and Joint Commission, to ensure successful regulatory accreditation and inspection readiness.
- Research and development of new procedures, theory and analytic principles, maintaining the CCHS clinical chemistry laboratories as state of the art facilities. Reviews analytical measurement and reportable ranges and makes recommendations for adjustment to the Medical Director.
- Evaluation of new technology and instrumentation, bringing specialty testing sent to reference labs in-house where appropriate.
- Possess knowledge of current Clinical Chemistry industry best practice, new technologies, and current Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Provide leadership support to Chemistry Section Technical Specialist, the General Lab Quality Control Coordinator, the Chemistry Education Coordinator, and MLS staff at all CCHS General Laboratories.
Required: Masters in Clinical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related science.
Preferred: Three years post masters clinical experience preferably in a hospital setting. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.