This is a unique opportunity for a full time Genetic Counselor to join a dynamic clinical team and to be part of an expanding, comprehensive genetics program.
Responsibilities include -
- Provide general, pre- & post-testing support for genetic testing.
- Provide test result interpretation & preparation of final reports.
- Collect appropriate clinical & family information from patients. Serves as consultant to Mayo & non-Mayo physicians & geneticists regarding clinical assessment of high-risk patients.
- Provide high-level genetic expertise to physicians & patients, which requires independence & professionalism.
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, integrate and evaluate the Genetic Counseling Program and Services.
- Provide ongoing education to all divisions and departments within Mayo Clinic Arizona relative to services provided.
- Act as liaison to internal and external providers and provides ongoing education relative to genetic counseling services provided at Mayo Clinic Arizona.
- Interact professionally with patients/families and treats them with dignity and respect. Develops collaborative relationships with all Mayo Clinic entities.
- Perform administrative duties relative to development and expansion of genetic counseling services and re-reimbursement for services rendered to patients.