Leads the senior management team in planning, directing and coordinating operations to achieve the organization’s mission, strategic directives and goals.
- Provides leadership to management team that enlists active participation/support and creates ownership of short- and long-term objectives necessary to achieve revenue/budget goals. •
- Collaborates with senior management team to develop and implement policies and practices to deliver the optimal level of service to the community. Ensures that services are consistent with the mission, vision, values and directives of the organization.
- Creates a culture and environment that attracts, motivates, develops and retains qualified associates and physicians.
- Provides visionary leadership for performance improvement and quality initiatives which achieves high quality of care and patient safety goals. Ensures that the organization meets regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Operations/Budget: Under the general supervision and directly accountable to the President and CEO of the Seton Family of Hospitals, this job has overall responsibility for operating performance for market, including financial performance, fund raising, senior leadership selection and development, physician recruitment and development. Accountable to achieve the goals and objectives for the areas of responsibility. Responsible for participating on and taking ownership of assigned Seton Healthcare Family initiatives. Leads and works closely with the management triad, including the Chief Operating Officer, Physician- and Surgeon-in-Chief, and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Planning/Development: Job has overall responsibility for strategic and capital planning and operating plan development. Responsible for contributing to the short and long term strategic business operating plans. Develops long range plans for areas of assigned responsibility consistent with overall strategic direction of Seton Family of Hospitals. Provides strategic input and direction for the Seton Family of Hospitals as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Oversees the design, construction, maintenance, repair and plant operations of hospitals, clinics and buildings as well as new facilities for which construction is planned and underway. • Community: Participates in civic, legislative, professional, political and community outreach activities to achieve Seton Network goals and objectives. Supports philanthropic fund development. Represents Seton on Community and State-wide Boards, associations and committees. Responsible for building and managing constructive relationships with governmental officials, civic and business leaders, educators, the media, donors, volunteers, physicians and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborates across the Seton Healthcare Family to build, support and lead pediatric population health initiatives, to include but not limited to, a pediatric Clinically Integrated Network and integrated practice units. Must be able to build collaboration and trust between the pediatric physicians that are part of DCMC and DCH and Seton Healthcare Family and Seton Healthcare Family’s Ascension relationship. In essence, the President of DCMCCT/DCH must be able to effectively “translate” and link the Children’s Hospital and CIN with Seton Healthcare Family to assure appropriate integration and collaboration amongst all stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing a children’s service line strategy
- Performs other duties as assigned.