Cone Health is a not-for-profit network of health care providers serving people in Guilford, Forsyth, Rockingham, Alamance, Randolph, Caswell and surrounding counties. As one of the region’s largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, more than 75 physician practice sites and multiple centers of excellence.
Being a part of Cone Health means you are part of a Magnet recognized health system as well as a medaled recipient of the Healthcare Equality index. Our commitment to community brings an opportunity for talented individuals such as you, to make an impact.
If you can see yourself at the heart of an organization with a mission to invest in the development of improving the health of the Greensboro community while focusing on collaboration and accountability, then Cone Health is the place for you.
VirtualEdge:: Requisition Profile
|JOB SUMMARY: |
Provides direct care to patients on the Stroke Service, assists with data abstraction for the Stroke Registry, and participates in Stroke Center program development, clinical education, outreach activities and research. This position serves the following patient age categories: adult, geriatric.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
Patient Care Activities 35 %
• Assists with management of stroke patients admitted to Cone Health in collaboration with the Stroke Team.
• Responds to stroke emergencies.
• Reviews medical history and physical data on patients; reviews patient records to assure appropriate tests are ordered and complete.
• Collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure continuity of care, patient progression and evaluation.
• Assess patient/family knowledge, deficits related to stroke. Provides education to the patient and family regarding treatment and follow-up care including secondary stroke prevention.
Quality Assurance Activities 35 %
• Collaborates with Stroke Team to monitor and achieve clinical outcomes for the stroke patient and participates in multidisciplinary Stroke Committee.
• Analyzes stroke data collected, outcome monitoring and trend reporting surrounding stroke management issues. Identifies and implements improvements based on data.
• Provides assistance in monitoring and revision of clinical standards, policies, procedures, protocols related to stroke.
• Assures regulatory requirements for TJC Stroke Center certification are achieved and maintained.
• Ensures department meets state, national and JCAHO standards.
• Investigates and resolves Stroke Center barriers and/or issues
Education & Clinical Resource Activities 20 %
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of practice standards for stroke care.
• Assesses educational needs of hospital staff related to stroke.
• Plans and participates in educational activities for patients, families, staff, physicians and community.
• Assures continuing education opportunities available for stroke staff to meet annual CE requirements related to stroke.
• Serves as a liaison between community resources and the healthcare system.
• Collaborates with Staff Education department to develop, implement and evaluate basic and advanced curricula related to stroke care.
• Attends continuing education programs related to stroke in order to maintain current knowledge base.
• Promotes evidence-based practice through application of research.
• Selects/analyzes contemporary treatment modalities and evaluates the risk/benefits of implementation.
• Disseminates information and research findings through formal and informal presentations within and outside of the health system.
• Identifies opportunities, facilitates and participates in research initiatives related to the stroke patient.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Occurs under one-third of the time:
Exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Hazardous waste and/or toxic / caustic chemicals
Fumes or airborne particles
iCARE - COMMITMENTS TO CARE:
I will create and engage in conversations of possibility.
o I will be open to innovation and creativity.
o I will listen to understand.
o I will bring ideas for solutions and be open to alternative ideas.
o I will be open to constructive feedback.
o I will not engage or listen to negativity or gossip.
o I will be positive when speaking about Cone Health, my department, and my coworkers.
o I will be approachable.
o I will focus on behaviors, not the person, during conflict.
I will honor my word.
o I will do what I say when I say I will. o I will “clean it up” when I can’t keep my word.
o I will honor my work agreement.
o I will be “on the court” instead of “in the stands.”
o I will follow up in a timely manner on commitments and requests.
o I will apologize when someone experiences less than excellent service. o I will take responsibility for my actions, decisions and performance.
o I will protect patient safety (best practices: ex – hand hygiene).
I will assume the best of intentions and embrace differences.
o I will collaborate and seek other people’s input.
o I will demonstrate courtesy, compassion, and respect with my tone of voice and body language.
o I will speak positively about Cone Health – managing up coworkers, physicians, departments, patients and visitors.
o I will ask the person directly involved when I don’t know.
o I will include diverse skills, abilities, strengths, and backgrounds to create better outcomes.
o I will care for myself while also respecting others.
I will own it, solve it, and celebrate it!
o I will offer solutions when problems are identified.
o I will share my input for decisions by participating in forums such as shared governance, town halls, employee engagement survey, brown bag discussions, employee councils, staff meetings, or directly with my manager.
o I will take charge and do the right thing at the right time.
o I will make decisions keeping a balance of service, quality, and cost in mind.
o I will demonstrate Cone Health values.
o I will seek opportunities to celebrate and have fun.
o I will recognize good work.