The PFS Cash Posting Associate is responsible for the duties and services that are of a support nature to the Patient Financial Services Department of CHRISTUS Health. This associate ensures that all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure cash payments and adjustments are posted to CHRISTUS Health patient accounts in an efficient and timely manner. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and external customers.
The PFS Cash Posting Associate carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission, Philosophy and core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.
Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and garnishes their trust and respect.
Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
1. Ensures all payments are retrieved and posted accurately and timely, post lockbox monies, EFT/ACH monies, credit card payments and patient payments. 2. Researches submitted cash payments by verifying patient account numbers and appropriate facility. 3. Keys cash receipts and credit card payments and reconciles to batch.
- Review and post cash corrections, review and resolve unapplied cash.
- Responsible to contact CHRISTUS Health facility departments in order to resolve outstanding questions related to account information to ensure account integrity and compliance with payer and/or government regulations and timeliness of resolution.
- Ensures quality and productivity standards are met. Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other systems utilized by Patient Financial Services in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Provides continuous updates and information to Patient Financial Services Leadership Team regarding ongoing errors, payer related issues/trends, registration and other controllable QA related activities affecting productivity, reimbursement and/or payment delays.
- Functions effectively within a team. Participates and contributes constructively to produce results in a cooperative effort.
- Continually seeks to understand and act upon customer needs, concerns, and priorities. Meets customer expectations and requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
10. Demonstrates ongoing enthusiasm and commitment to the work assigned.
11. Works with Supervisor to receive feedback on performance and create a personal development plan.