Join CNA as a Healthcare Risk Control Consultant, and be part of an industry-leading provider of risk control services. CNA offers systematic, sustainable risk control solutions that reduce exposures, improve productivity and protect a company’s bottom line. CNA currently has an excellent opportunity for a Healthcare Risk Control Consultant to be based in Columbus, OH, Indianapolis, IN, or Chicago, IL. The qualified candidate must be a registered professional nurse with a bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) or other health-related field and have a combination of healthcare and risk management experience.
The healthcare risk consultant conducts risk control assessments, evaluation and consultation, provides technical support for prospective, new and renewal business, and collaborates internally and externally on projects and presentations to support emerging healthcare industry risks. This individual will support the healthcare professional liability line of business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs enterprise-wide risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services, and makes risk recommendations for the underwriting function.
- Recommends solutions to customers to minimize risk and enhance patient safety.
- Works with senior risk control staff to assess account and/or book of business needs and implements customized strategy to address loss drivers.
- Partners with underwriting and other areas to provide information for risk evaluation and assessment that includes reviewing accounts for enterprise risk issues, claims, profitability and agency management, etc.
- Analyzes losses on individual accounts or specific book of business to identify root cause of loss, trends and emerging issues.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Conducts educational offerings and presents at state and national conferences.
- Conducts agency/broker visits to build relationships, discuss account and business segment risks, and market company products and services.
- May identify opportunities for new products and services.
- May provide expertise in one or more specialty area.
- May be responsible for special projects and presentations.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.