Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire an Oncology Clinical Research Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Orlando Facility Profile
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
The Florida Hospital Cancer Institute (FHCI) sees more cancer patients than any other hospital in the state. FHCI consists of a multidisciplinary team of over 100 of the most recognized and skilled physicians for cancer care. No other cancer program in our community gives access to more multidisciplinary services, more advanced technology, or more cutting-edge research.
- Days – Monday through Thursday, 8:30am – 5:00pm & Fridays, 8:30am – 4:00pm
- As a Clinical Research Registered Nurse with Florida Hospital Orlando, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere.
- Under limited supervision, the Clinical Research Nurse plans, coordinates, evaluates, and manages nursing care of participants and data for assigned research projects.
- Follows study specific protocol guidelines; communicates and interacts with Investigators, hospital staff, sponsoring agencies, and others to effectively perform clinical research; and coordinates research activities.
- Includes patient advocacy and education, education of other personnel, and marketing and promotion of the program. Abides by hospital and departmental policies and SOPs, as well as all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge Skills, Education & Experience Required
- Personal qualities and interpersonal communication skills to interact and maintain good relationships with a broad spectrum of healthcare disciplines and the public under all circumstances
- Detail oriented and teamwork skills
- Motivated, organized, able to perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple clinical trials and function independently
- Critical thinker and possess an analytical approach to problem solving
- Able to perform diverse clinical and clerical duties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet knowledge skills
- Knowledge of the levels of growth and development and aging for the adult and geriatric patient population for the adult research coordinators or demonstrates knowledge of the levels of growth, development and skills of children between the ages of birth though 18 years of age for pediatric research coordinators
- Specialized knowledge of the unique needs of oncology patients undergoing treatment in cancer trials
- Working knowledge of chemotherapy administration
- Graduate of a school of nursing, physician assistant-certified, or advanced registered nurse practitioner
- Minimum 6 years nursing experience, with most recent 3 years in oncology
- Proven track record of conducting clinical research studies in a hospital surgical setting highly preferred (Preferred)
- BSN or MSN (Preferred)
- Prior research experience, work with research groups (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing, as applicable to clinical designation-RN, ARNP, or PA
- Certificate from clinical research professional organization, i.e. SOCRA, ACRP (Preferred)
- Certification in oncology nursing for RNs, OCN for those responsible for adult patients, or CPON for those responsible for pediatric patients (Preferred)
- Chemotherapy certification (Preferred)
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet
- Responsible for maintaining professional knowledge and growth, as well as, contributes to the growth of team members.
- Identification of potential clinical trial candidates, confirmation of eligibility and enrollment of patients is a responsibility of the Research Nurse. These are not responsibilities of the Clinical Research Coordinators.
- Responsible for reviewing all elements of the current institutional IRB approved informed consent (IC) document, according to current FDA, NCI, and state, federal and institutional regulations with study candidates and/or legal representative.
- Ensures, through patient advocacy and informed consent as an ongoing process, that the rights, safety, and well-being of trial subjects are the most important considerations and should prevail over the interests of science and society
- Responsible for the immediate oversight of the study conduct during the pre-study, active and follow up phase, both inpatient and outpatient
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of data forms, radiology, radiotherapy, and pathology materials during the active and follow up phase of the study.
- Responsible for communicating with the investigational pharmacist and medical staff when investigational drugs are being administered
- Promotes Principal Investigator (PI) oversight by advising the PI, sub-investigator, Supervisor and Director of deviations in conduct, patient status, issues relevant to the integrity of the trial and/or the safety of research subjects
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Oncology Clinical Research Nurse opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.