Rocky Vista University COM's Ivins, Utah, campus has an Open Rank faculty position available in its OPP/OMM department.
See the complete ad and apply at http://rvuhr.catsone.com/careers
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Participate in clinical and teaching activities in osteopathic principles of practice and osteopathic manipulative medicine at RVUCOM-SU.
- Actively participate in the education and instruction of medical students, other health care professional students, and residents while providing mentorship and motivations for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory experience and research opportunities.
- Participate in the faculty practice plan to provide clinical services to patients.
- Provide professional and clinical services in ascertained clinical settings consistent with training and degree as assigned by administration and chair.
- Provide service to the university community and students through serving on COM and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to student, participating in community outreach events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Campus Dean or Department Chair.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of the colleges ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and residents, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of the COM meet the standards established by the faculty and college and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency established.
Our Southern Utah Campus opens in July 2017.
The 32-acre Southern Utah Campus is located in Ivins – approximately 20 minutes from St. George, the largest city in Southern Utah. The two-story, 104,000 square foot building will complement the natural scenery of the area. It will include two 200-seat lecture halls, three seminar rooms, 36 breakout or study rooms, a clinical skills and OPP lab, a full dissection gross anatomy lab, a multi-purpose lab, a simulation center, standardized patient rooms, and a 8,950 square foot library. The school is expected to seat and has been approved for 125 students each year.
This campus will also include a 23,000 square foot medical office building across the street, which will house administrative offices and a future medical clinic. Additionally, the Southern Utah Veterans Home, adjacent to the campus, will provide students with a continuity of care experience.
Ivins is a city in Washington County with an estimated population of 7,000. Ivins is near the Gunlock, Ivins, and Santa Clara River Reservoirs, it has numerous walking trails, and it has six city parks. See more about Ivins at Ivins.com.