Job Location: 1433 Hooper Avenue, Toms River, New Jersey 08753
• Facilitate bi-weekly one hour therapeutic visitation for Ocean County DCP&P clients. Therapeutic visits usually occur between 3-6pm.
• Manage a case load of 15-18 families or slots (families meet bi-weekly for visitation, approximately 9 visits per week)
• Complete an Initial intake with biological parents to establish goals for visitation
• Provide a brief meeting (10-20 minutes) with the biological parents before/or after each visit to discuss the progress of case goals and any concerns. • Prepare a progress report after each therapeutic visit that will be forwarded to the DCP&P Caseworker and the OTV Supervisor
• Therapeutic visitation aims to provide therapeutic intervention for:
1. Parents who are having a difficult time communicating with the children honestly during visits about separation and loss and being in foster care.
2. Children and/or parents who are experiencing difficulties separating after visits and/or maintaining appropriate boundaries during visitation
3. Children who are experiencing fear or anxiety about visitation
4. Parents who are in need of hands on modeling or coaching during visitation
5. Helping parents and children process and understand the case goal (in the event of KLG or TPR)
6. Establishing boundaries for future visitation (in the event of KLG or TPR)
7. Termination visits (TPR cases)
• Meet regularly with OTV supervisor to discuss OTV cases
This is a CWA Local 1040 position.
The Children’s Home Society is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical handicap, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.