Staff Nurse I - Neuroscience Center (Job ID #75413)
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is looking to fill a position of Staff Nurse I - Neuroscience Center responsible for the following duties:
- Completes required orientation program and unit-specific competencies.
- Develops, implements and updates the patient's plan of care based on ongoing assessment of the patient and input from the patient's family.
- Shares information and collaborates with other members of the health care team to promote effective patient care.
- Verifies and implements orders from physician, physician assistant and/or advance practice nurse by performing interventions as prescribed by the provider and documenting accurately in the electronic medical record.
- Engages and obtains information from patient and/or family to develop an appropriate patient educational plan.
- Recognizes symptoms, establishes priorities and responds to patient's changing needs.
- Engages support personnel by delegating appropriate tasks per the Illinois State Nurse Practice Act and provides support and feedback.
- Demonstrates a commitment to UI Health's values through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a clean, safe and therapeutic environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of six (6) months of experience working with neurological conditions required. A minimum of one (1) year of outpatient/ambulatory clinic setting experience required. One (1) year of patient care coordination experience, and ability to use the nursing process and critical thinking skills in assessing patient care dynamics required. Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills, and work history required.
The University of Illinois offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume to the link below:
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.