Yale Health seeks a dynamic physician leader to fill the position of Chief of Internal Medicine and Acute Care.
Located in a state-of-the-art new facility on the Yale campus, Yale Health provides comprehensive health care to the University’s faculty, staff, and students as well as their dependents and eligible retirees. Internal Medicine, staffed with a multidisciplinary team of MD’s, APP’s and RN’s, is the largest department and the medical home for adult primary care, providing over 32,000 visits per year. Acute Care is a 24/7 walk-in service providing unscheduled urgent care services to the entire Yale Health population of over 40,000 members.
The Chief of Internal Medicine and Acute care is a very important member of the Yale Health leadership team. Candidates for this position should have demonstrated an interest in and aptitude for medical leadership. Essential skills include effective management of personnel, the ability to embrace a patient-centered model of care, quantitative analytical skills, ability to effect organizational change and the ability to lead project teams in quality improvement work. Demonstrated excellence as a primary care physician is essential and the Chief will be expected to carry a small patient panel. Success in this position can lead to additional leadership opportunities within Yale Health and Yale University.
We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their education and experience, to the diversity and excellence of the Yale community, and who will enjoy working with our unique patient population including members of all ages, socioeconomic backgrounds and varied racial / ethnic identities. Yale Health is an open and accepting medical home providing culturally sensitive, patient-centered care to all members.
Yale Health is accredited by The Joint Commission with recognition as a Primary Care Medical Home.
Yale Health provides:
- A collegial, multidisciplinary, team-based approach to patient care
- A fully pre-paid model with no commercial billing
- Close partnerships with the faculty of Yale Medical School for specialty care
- A culture of quality improvement
- Weekly educational conferences and Grand Rounds; generous CME provisions
- Opportunities for student and resident teaching and the possibility for Yale clinical faculty appointment
- Excellent Yale University benefits including generous paid time off, retirement benefits and tuition assistance for college-age children.
- Competitive salary packages.
- Recruitment packages tailored to help successful applicants make a commitment to Yale Health as a professional home.
For more information, apply today by clicking on the following link http://bit.ly/2nQ5NMf. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position so we may review in more detail and talk about your goals and interests.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate based on an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Yale Health especially encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans and members of underrepresented minority groups.