Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The primary purpose of the Senior IT Project Manager is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple Technology projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management.This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Senior IT Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
In addition, the Senior IT Project manager is expected to follow best practices and strive towards standard Project Management Life Cycle Methodologies in how work is managed and delivered. This includes regular project status reporting, escalation of issues to project sponsors, and participation in Project or IT Steering Committees as required to facilitate successful completion of project objectives.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business and technology goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Plan, schedule, track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- If required by project scope, partner with business lead or business project manager to plan the project schedule and deliverables
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals working with other IT Technology Service providers
- Draft and submit project changes (Change Control), and recommend subsequent changes (scope, budget, resources) where necessary
- Where required, negotiate with other managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and work with IT service providers as necessary during project cycle to secure required resources
- If require by project scope, partner with business lead or business project manager to complete project deliverables
- Direct and manage the IT project from beginning to end, inclusive of a stabilization period after go live
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Facilitate soliciting and formalize project requirements (business and technical) as input to solution design
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- If required, manage other contract project managers for multiple or large scoped projects
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
Other Satellite Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner