Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise ? "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" ? by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Employee Occupational Health (EOH) Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional staff nurse who is accountable to the EOH Program Manager. The RN provides direct employee, patient and Veteran care, directs and assigns ancillary staff to perform Occupational Health (OH) care and medicine, and ensures the delivery of quality nursing care to a variety of outpatient EOH patients.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not
authorized for this position.
1. The responsibilities of the RN include but are not limited to; performing the RN role, completing patient assessments and administering medications etcetera.
2. In conjunction with the Program Manager, ensures staffing coverage at EOH in Martinez and assumes responsibility and accountability for the day to day operation and patient flow of the EOH.
3. The RN is also responsible for contributing to the establishment and implementation of evidenced-based nursing standards of practice. The RN provides support to the EOH staff by identifying discipline-specific education needs and then implements educational trainings that foster professional development.
4. In conjunction with the Program Manager, RN assists in analysis and interpretation of performance improvement and performance measure data, and assists with the development of policies, protocols, procedures, and EOH guidelines.
5. The RN include but are not limited to; being a preceptor to new RN's, students, volunteers, orienting new staff, following orientation check lists and ensuring that all new employees are competent to perform assigned duties.
6. The RN will attend trainings; lead and execute process-level improvement projects, collect process data, develop process maps, apply problem solving and quantifiable tools to an improvement project, and eliminate waste and defects.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer