Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The Applications Leader role is to supervise and maintain the organization's repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team inclusive of 3rd party software and resource providers. The Application Leader will be responsible for governance and relationship management with business and IT stakeholders in the acquisition, development and production operations of enterprise technology solutions for all the Business Enablement Solutions (HR, Finance, Receivables, Planning, Procurement, time and attendance, documentation management, SharePoint) at Satellite Healthcare.
The Applications Leader is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of Business Enablement Applications and integration of systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of these mission-critical information and software systems.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
Strategy & Planning
- Working in partnership with business stakeholders, plan and anticipate IT solutions that meet strategic and operational goals
- Ensure that enterprise applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Understand industry application landscape and solutions that could support Satellite Healthcare needs.
- Drive and ensure that stakeholders are represented in enterprise governance inclusive of building annual plans and IT Portfolio Management.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Oversee internal team or third-party resources to evaluate, install, configure and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the business enablement enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure documentation is reviewed and technical specifications of any new applications under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, security standards (HIPAA) and interface specifications.
- Oversee team resources design, develop and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to solutions by evaluating business SAS proposals to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
- Liaise with company's software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
- Monitor effectiveness and performance of solutions. Act as required to meet business expectation and continuity requirements.
- Liaise with peer and other IT Service providers to assist with quality assurance and problem resolution.
- Ensure Business Enablement Applications are incorporated in the Disaster Recovery planning and exercises.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company application software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop, distribute and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications (post project).
Other Satellite Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.