The Surgical Scrub Technician under the supervision of the registered nurse assists the preoperative team in the care and safety of patients undergoing surgical intervention. Performs direct and indirect care activities according to the behaviors and responsibilities as outlined in this statement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
· Direct Patient Care in the Operative Procedure.
· Assists personnel with surgical attire.
· Assists with instrumentation throughout procedurere.
· Performs sharps, instrument and sponge count according to standard.
· Coordinates with circulating RN as a member of the Perioperative Team.
· Ensures all personnel maintain aseptic technique and universal precautions at all times.
· Prepares operating rooms for procedures.
· Stocks operation room and delivery rooms in accordance with the par levels.
· Cleans and replaces equipment between patients.
· Tuition Reimbursment
· Clinical ladder (nursing only)
· 403b with Matching
· High School Diploma or Graduate Equivalent Degree.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Operating Room caregivers MUST be certified by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
· Labor & Delivery caregivers must be certified by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).