The EEG Technologist II has passed examination by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists, Inc. (ABRET) and proven competence to obtain a credential in electroencephalography (R. EEG T.). The EEG Technologist II provides findings, results and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedures. Strong well developed communication skills are essential for this position. The EEG Technologist II performs procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials held under general technical supervision.
General technical supervision requires that the EEG procedure is performed under technical supervision as detailed in the facility policy and procedure manual.
The EEG Technologist II works under general technical supervision and reports to administrative and clinical leadership as is defined by facility policy and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. *Has an expected level of competence and is able to independently perform duties and responsibilities for electroencephalography under general technical supervision.
2. *Recognizes clinically significant events ad follows facility policy and procedures regarding critical test results.
3. *Maintains continuing education requirements of ABRET for R. EEG T. credential by reviewing literature and attending educational meetings for the latest accepted practices and electrical safety relevant to equipment and testing.
4. *Establishes policies and procedures according to established standards of practice.
5. *Performs any other related duties that are consistent with patient and technical care for this level.
6. *Participates in tutoring, demonstrating and mentoring other team members.
7. *Provides direct technical supervision and indirect technical supervision of the EEG Technologist I as required.
8. Performs other duties as required.
*Denotes essential job duties
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
c. Manual dexterity
d. Talking and speech
Demonstrates the ability to concentrate for long periods of time under stressful conditions and still perform properly and effectively.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BLS certified required.
Credential in electroencephalography (R. EEG T.) required.
Minimum of three or more years experience in the performance of EEG procedures in a patient care environment required.
Well developed PC and Microsoft™ Windows® knowledge required.
Graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Electroneurodiagnostic (END) Program or an Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Frequent walking
3. Reaching including above/below shoulder height
4. Pulling/Pushing >50 pounds
1. Lighting bright and dim
2. Mechanical hazards
3. Hazardous substances
4. Infectious diseases
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.