| Eisenhower Medical Center Care Coordinator RN – Case Management/Social Services |
Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Medical Center is a not-for-profit hospital seeking a Care Coordinator RN – Case Management/Social Services. Please visit careers.emc.org to learn more information and apply.
The Care Coordinator RN must meet the following qualifications:
- Education: Must be enrolled in a BSN program within one year of hire and complete program within five years of hire (required); Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing, BSN (preferred)
- Licensure/Certification: Current CA RN, Current American Heart Association (BLS), ACLS Certification
- Experience: 3 years current experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting (required); Knowledge of CMS guidelines and experience working with payer specific guidelines and contractual rules (preferred)
The Care Coordinator RN's responsibilities include:
- Determining the appropriateness of hospital admission, and for advocating, coordinating and facilitating the interdisciplinary plan of care to expedite medically appropriate, effective, efficient and timely utilization of resources for maximum patient outcomes
- Partnering with the Charge Nurse, Social Worker, physician and other members of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate safe and timely discharge, and intervenes as appropriate to remove barriers to efficient patient throughput and smooth patient transition
- Applying clinical expertise and medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization, admissions and discharge planning
Eisenhower Medical Center is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
About Eisenhower Medical Center: Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Medical Center is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Medical Center, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2016-2017, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #21 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive four stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (2016).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Medical Center has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fourth consecutive year, Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2016), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
HealthGrades® recognized Eisenhower Medical Center as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals with awards in three different specialties: General Surgery (2017), Orthopedic Surgery (2015-2017), and Spine Surgery (2016-2017). In addition, we received Excellence Awards for Cardiac Surgery (2016-2017), Coronary Intervention (2017), Gastrointestinal Care (2017) and Vascular Surgery (2015-2016). Eisenhower Medical Center is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Analytics™ for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Medical Center has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley. Eisenhower Medical Center was also recently voted “The Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals” by Soliant Health, and fosters a respectful, supportive and friendly work environment (2015). Eisenhower Medical Center cultivates an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2016).
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit careers.emc.org