INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST
Job Number: 00120354
Job Posting: Apr 13, 2017, 4:43:22 PM
Closing Date: Apr 28, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Inventory Control, maintains control of supplies in assigned specialty/critical care areas including maintenance of physical par locations for stock using supply technology including Lawson and mobile supply chain handheld readers. (multiple vacancies)
- Generates anticipated orders and on-hand reports daily, verifies accuracy of reports, recommends changes and prepares stock orders for purchasing.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels for all stock supplies, creates and maintains stock items master, deletes obsolete items list, processes product changes and additions and updates inventory transactions on the financial items master computer system.
- Researches quantity discrepancies shortages, changes in usage units of measure and conversions; updates inventory system and performs physical adjustments as necessary.
- Performs regular cycle counts and updates inventory as necessary.
- Ensures stock is checked in, transferred, issued, and returned properly.
- Using appropriate maintenance and delivery methods, maintains, stocks, and delivers designated equipment such as intravenous (IV) pumps, digital thermometers, and glucose meters.
- Uses tact and sensitivity to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, co-workers, and other hospital personnel.
- Shares in the CCHHS Supply Chain vision, demonstrate its values, support it's philosophy, and be sensitive to its mission.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED is required (must provide proof at time of interview)
- Three (3) years of inventory control work experience in hospital storekeeping (is required)
Inventory control work experience in a healthcare setting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of hospital complex, storeroom procedures, and related departmental policies and procedures, and in the operations of materials handling equipment.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups.
- Demonstrated good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times.
- Skilled in the use of hand trucks, battery-powered ace-mobile, carts, etc.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated good computer and typing skills.
- Ability to adhere to established storekeeping methods and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and follow departmental and CCHHS guidelines in the performance of duties.
- Ability to walk, lift, climb, and stoop.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks.
- Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged.
- Demonstrated research effort to remain current on technology, regulatory and operational trends in the health care industry which may impact product/service selection and utilization. added
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and precision.
- Exposure to general categories of stock maintained and ability to identify stock supplies by appearance of name or through recognition to references to catalogs or standard stock specification bulletins.
- This position requires various types of physical exertion, including, but not limited to lifting, pulling, pushing and moving objects of moderate to heavy weight.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER