Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to assist in the provision of patient care.
In this position you will:
- Prepare patients for physician encounter. Take vital signs as indicated, record chief complaint and preparing appropriate instruments for examination/procedure.
- Assist providers with managing and primary triage of clinically related phone calls including answering phone calls, faxing, returning phone calls.
- Provide basic patient education regarding prescription usage, End of Life Issues, lifestyle education for wellness under the direct supervision of a clinician.
- Schedules appointments, triages referrals to the palliative care team and responds to patient messages.
- Performs patient follow-up as directed by the physician.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Graduate from a medical assistant program.
National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Two years of clinical experience.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 145838