Providence is calling a Cottage Activities Coordinator to Providence Horizon House in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Cottages Activities Coordinator is part of the Providence Horizon House team whose responsibility it is to provide the residents a comfortable secure home.
The Cottage Activities Coordinator is responsible to develop and implement an activity therapy program to include opportunities that assist the residents in elimination of helplessness, loneliness, and boredom.
In this position you will:
- Meet with residents and or family to assess resident's activity needs and develops individual Activity Care plans for each Cottage resident.
- Plan, implement and lead group activities for Cottage residents to meet the Activity Care plans of residents.
- Adapt activities to the individual needs of residents with varying degrees of physical and mental disabilities, including dementia and Alzheimer's.
- Provide social one-to-one visits with residents who choose to not participate in small or large group activities.
- Initiate and support fun and unexpected happenings to delight the human spirit. Help create an enjoyable home for the residents.
- Plan and takes residents on community outings with attention to resident's interests and resident/employee safety.
- Interviews, selects and provides on-the-job training for new volunteers at Providence Horizon House. Ensures all pre volunteer requirements are met.
- Supervises volunteer groups.
- Conducts tours of the community for volunteers and other interested groups
- Investigates and recommends actions regarding a volunteer complaint or concern.
- Works cooperatively with volunteers, family, friends, and community agencies involved with PHH residents.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with elderly and community outreach work.
- CPR Certification.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working in dementia care.
About Horizon House
Horizon House is an assisted living community where most residents have more autonomy than in a long term care facility. There are 60 apartments and two cottages; some with double rooms. The homelike atmosphere and two outdoor garden areas make for a pleasant atmosphere for residents and staff alike.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 149825