Providence is calling a Mammography Supervisor to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Mammography Supervisor to provide management and technical leadership for mammography services. Also, responsible for managing staff, resources and departmental goals and objectives. Coordinate patient care, quality improvement and daily monitoring activities with multiple departments ensuring standards are met. The supervisor will perform role of mammography technologist in addition to supervisory responsibilities.
In this position you will:
- Direct daily workflow for assigned area, including communications with other technologists/caregivers when changes are made in patient or department schedule.
- Responsible for assigning caregiver schedules according to department needs.
- Responsible for screening, interviewing and hiring applicants
- Assist in development and implementation of patient care standards, policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Keep up with current trends in diagnostic mammography.
- Communicate with physicians, nurses and other members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, and samples for testing or related information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an ARRT approved Associates Degree program.
- Three years' experience as a Mammographic.
- Registered as an ARRT mammography technologist.
- Extensive knowledge of breast anatomy and physiology; breast pathology; and mammorgraphic signs of pathology.
- Must have knowledge all mammographic positions and the ability to radiographically record the required information.
- Ability to make decisions concerning the need for additional views and which views are appropriate in specific instances.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 149386