Providence is calling a Gardener to Building Maintenance Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Gardener, in addition to Groundskeeper I duties, is responsible for greenhouse operation, interior plantscaping, and outdoor landscaping.
In this position, you will:
- Demonstrate complete understanding of Groundskeeper I Duties.
- Be knowledgeable of horticultural principles, as applies to a complete greenhouse operation, to include soil maintenance, maintaining seed and bulb inventory, developing plant material, and treating insect and disease problems.
- Be responsible for the interior plants of the facility.
- Participate in the design of the outdoor landscaping of the hospital.
- Apply horticultural and arboricultural techniques to planting and maintaining landscaping material.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pesticide applications license.
- Alaska Drivers License.
- Two (2) years greenhouse and landscaping duties.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Maintenance
Req ID: 148848