Providence is calling a Physical Therapist to the Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK. (On-call)
The Physical Therapist will develop, coordinate, and maintain Physical Therapy services in collaboration with physicians, primary partners, and patient/family.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate physical therapy for patients in Anchorage.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify the patient needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
- Contact vendors for durable medical equipment needs and demonstrate safe use and knowledge of equipment.
- Assist in coordinating discharge plans and provide the patient, family and community with education.
- Document evaluation, plan, care delivered and outcomes according to hospital and department standards and implement care services that recognize age and diversity specific needs or issues of customers served.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska.
- Ability to work independently and with team.
- Ability to instruct para-and non-professional staff.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 150482