Providence is calling a Cardiovascular Coordinator to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Cardiovascular Coordinator to provide leadership and facilitate all activities and services for patients with heart disorders requiring surgical, minimally invasive or medical intervention. The incumbent of this position will coordinate, evaluate, design and align resources to support program initiatives, program development, develop and maintain relationships with internal and external referring physicians, and development of a program database and registry are keys to success.
In this position you will:
- Implement and ensure best practices for all clinic protocols, practices, procedures and policies' meets all regulatory and compliance guidelines, ensuring a safe environment.
- Serve as a resource for identification, tracking and treatment alternatives for cardiovascular patients; coordinate recommendations for diagnostic studies and/or clinical interventions, as well as measurement and tracking of patient-specific and aggregate outcomes; track new technology trends, research findings, treatment models, etc.
- In collaboration with medical leadership, incorporates new technologies, treatments and research into clinical practice.
- Work with physician leader(s) to prepare clinical in-services, CME courses, marketing and collateral materials to create program awareness and understanding.
- Work with physician leaders and the Director Cardiovascular Services to identify and recognize partnership(s) and growth opportunities.
- Facilitate referrals for surgeries and minimally invasive procedures. Coordinates appropriate testing and collates results for review.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, with bachelor's degree in nursing or graduation from an accredited school with supervised clinical experience in cardiothoracic surgeries.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the management of cardiac patients.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in a hospital environment, if CVOR or CVRN certified.
- Minimum of 10 years clinical experience in a hospital environment with 5 years of experience with cardiac patients.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in State of Alaska.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- CVOR or CVRN certification.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 145201