Providence is calling a Primary Care Licensed Practical Nurse to the Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Primary Care Nurse is in charge of the resident care for a specific group of residents, to include, supervision of team members, coordinating referrals to other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, families and physicians.
In this position you will:
- Communicate closely with the residents and their families. Provide the Primary Nurse's name card to each family/resident to promote direct access to their contact person. Keeps the resident/family informed of needs or changes.
- Supervise overall resident care for a specific group of residents within scope of practice according to licensure.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals as needed for service for appropriate residents. Observe and report significant findings to other healthcare professionals keep Resident Care Coordinator informed of significant events and changes in condition.
- Direct and administer assigned functions to ensure high quality, cost effective resident services which meet or surpass survey standards. Assure adequate preparation for and participate in regulatory compliance surveys.
- Demonstrate awareness of human and resident right's in all aspects of care, treat each resident and co-worker with respect and dignity.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Current license in the State of Alaska as a License Practical Nurse at time of hire.
- Proficient in medication administration.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) months nursing experience in a health care facility (acute care, long term care, rehabilitation center).
- Ability to become proficient in IV therapy within scope of practice according to licensure.
About the Transitional Care Center
The Transitional Care has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 148685