Providence is calling a Plant Operator II to Plant Operations at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Plant Operator II will be responsible for planning, coordinating, inspection and performance of maintenance and repair of the physical plant equipment and systems.
In this position you will:
- Communicate symptoms and problems with appropriate hospital team members for development and implementation of solutions.
- Coordinate tasks affecting other teams or departments to minimize overall disruption and inconveniences.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of parts and supplies.
- Complete projects and repairs in a manner that seldom requires follow-up or corrections.
- Seek technical support & assistance from co-workers and/or outside sources when appropriate and without unnecessary delays.
- Complete all service and work order documentation in an accurate and timely manner, according to hospital procedures and specified customer requirements.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- GED or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain second (2nd) Class Boiler License within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Four (4) years of mechanical experience, including boiler operation.
- Basic understanding of steam generation and HVAC theory.
- Ability to read blueprints, use and interpret repair manuals, operate power and hand tools, and use a variety of calibration devices and meters.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Maintenance
Req ID: 148858