Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Extended Care Facility in Kodiak, AK.
The registered nurse is accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned patients and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation).
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients in populations and ages as assigned.
- Access, analyze, customize, coordinate and communicate the patient's plan of care and activities collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Families and or significant others will be included within the plan of care as appropriate.
- Direct, delegate and manage the care delivered by colleagues and subordinates.
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the family centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Schedule varies to meet department needs.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health teams.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year Registered Nurse experience in an acute care hospital.
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island.
This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, two psychiatric care beds and two ICU beds. In addition, the Care Center, PKIMC's extended care facility, has 19 long-term care beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy.
It is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 149832